SQL Server Database Repair Utility to Recover Corrupt MDF File
SQL Server is widely used relational database management system developed by Microsoft. Sometimes, SQL database (MDF) file gets corrupted or damaged due to various reasons like the abnormal shutdown of computer, some virus attacks, etc. so, in such situation, there is a need to recover database file of SQL Server. Users can recover corrupt MDF file by using a third party utility i.e., SQL database repair utility. In this review page, we are going to discuss this tool in detail.
SQL DB repair utility is a third party tool for recovering corrupt or damaged MDF file. This tool can repair both primary and secondary database files. It can also recover triggers, store procedures, functions, rules, etc. It provides two scanning modes i.e., quick scan and advanced scan. Quick scan is used for a less corrupted file but if the database file is highly corrupted then use advanced scan option. The main feature of this tool is that it can recover deleted tables of SQL database.
Versions of SQL Repair Utility
The tool is available in two versions- demo version and full version. Users can use any version as per their requirements.
- Demo version: The free/trial version of the software is freely available and users can download it from the company’s official website. Moreover, there are some limitations of this version that it does not export recovered data to SQL server database.
- Full Version: This is the purchased/licensed version of the tool and users have to purchase this version from company’s official website. This version of the software does not consist of any limitations and users can use all features of this software completely.
Key Features Of SQL Database Repair Utility
In this section, we are going to describe the important features of the software, which are very useful to recover corrupt MDF file.
- Auto-Detect SQL Server Version: This software can detect the version of SQL server automatically. If users have no idea, about the version of MDF file then they can check “Auto detect SQL server file version” option but if they know the actual version then it is recommended to check the appropriate version manually.
- Recover Deleted Tables: Sometimes, users deleted some tables from the database by knowingly or accidently. Therefore, this tool can recover that deleted tables. The software recover both deleted MDF and NDF file tables without losing a single bit of information.
- Dual Options to Export Data: SQL Server database repair utility provides following two options to export recovered data:
1. SQL Server Database: Users can select this option, if they want to export recovered MDF files to live SQL server. To do this, they have to provide their database credentials like database name, server name, username, password, etc.
2. SQL Server Compatible Scripts: If users do not know the credentials of the server then, they can create a SQL script file, which can be restored in the SQL server in future.
- Export Selective Items: This software allows a user to export selective items from recovered MDF files instead of exporting the whole database. The users can select those items, which they want to export by checking the files or folder. Moreover, this tool maintains the integrity of data while saving or exporting the files.
- Supports XML And Advance Data Type: The SQL repair utility recovers XML data as well as other advance data types like hierarchiyd, Datetime2, sql_variant, geometry and geography data types. Moreover, it supports both ASCII and UNICODE type of file.
- Auto detects the version of the MS SQL Server
- Allow to save scanned data of SQL database file
- Supports file of any version of SQL server
- Compatible with all versions of Windows OS
- Supports both ASCII and UNICODE file type
- Recover a Suspect database of SQL Server
- Only one file can be selected at a time for recovery
- SQL DB repair utility is a Windows- based utility
After reviewing the features, pros and cons of SQL file repair utility, we concluded with the fact that this tool is the most reliable and efficient third party utility to recover corrupt MDF file, NDF file and then export them into SQL server database. This software repairs complete SQL database file data without losing a single bit of information. This utility has a simple and user-friendly interface. Based upon the speed, performance, and working of the SQL Server database repair utility, this application can be rated as 9.8/10.
Daniel Jones is a SQL Server DBA and contributor at SQL Tech Tips. Having 2 + years of experience in SQL recovery and system infrastructure. Here is a product review of MDF recovery tool based on his R&d on SQL server database files