10 Free online tools for the Web Savvy
The World Wide Web has made us glued to it. To make our work easier, we download some or the other applications. Most of us are internet savvy and utilize the web’s potential to the fullest. There are plenty of free online tools are available for every need of yours. Take a look at a few of them.
For those avid readers who love reading a lot, we present a free web application that are helpful to read information faster. Don’t mistake it for a replica of a kindle. Spreeder helps you increase your reading speed with practice.
Follow these simple steps:
- Once you download the app, the home screen throws a text box in front of you.
- Simply copy and paste any information you wish to read with speed (content can be taken from any web page). There are no restrictions on the length of the characters.
- Click the Spreed button. You can adjust the speed with which the letters roll.
- Use the keyboard shortcuts ( N – new, P – Play or Pause, + is for speed)
- The speed starts with 300 words per minute. With regular exercise, you will train yourself and progress gradually from reading 300 words to reading 400 words per minute.
- Quickly type the note you want to send
- Then a link is automatically created.
- Copy and send it to the receiver.
- Once the link is accessed and read, it gets destroyed on its own.
3. Salary Comparison Across the Countries
- Simply go to the page and enter your country and salary per month (pre-tax) in your country’s currency.
- The result generated shows a chart with your wage comparison against salary paid to employees in your country as well as globally.
The data are undoubtedly authentic and is shared by the International Labor Organization.
Numbeo gives you an overview on different cities. If you intend to migrate from one city to the other, this tool is definitely going to be of some help to you. The site provides a graph based comparison on different criteria’s. A comparison can be made between land and property rates, health care, traffic and pollution, overall quality of life, cost of living and much more. Apart from this, the user can compare fuel rates, taxi fare and hotel rates as well. One disclaimer here is that the data seen is given by users and is not researched. Hence authenticity is not guaranteed. However, you definitely get a gist of what a city is all about.
- Go to the website and upload the picture of your choice.
- Select the paint effect you want and choose various styles like Van Gogh, Renoir, Guillaumin etc.
Your image has a multiple layers support. To save more effects, the user has to create an account on the website.
- Sign up for free.
- Create a blank template or choose from the existing ones.
- Insert as many slides, pictures or videos as you wish.
With your free account, only cloud storage is possible. If you choose to upgrade to a paid membership, you can view the presentations offline, use custom logos, protect it via password or collaborate it.
These days, malware detection is common online. All you can do this be careful. Online Link Scan enables you to protect your computer by scanning the dubious links. Simply copy and paste the link and you get the report in a minute or two. You can then decide which sites are safe and which are not.
You don’t blindly buy any of product. You always check the pros and cons of it and weigh it in terms of efficiency. It is your hard earned money that you would invest and therefore we make your search faster and more meaningful. Versus is an online comparison tool which quickly helps you compare prices and looks of different products like mobiles, laptops, computers etc. It is available in 15 languages.
10. File This
This is a smart and a new online tool that helps you store important documents online. Documents such as bills, bank statements, receipts, etc. can be easily accessed on its cloud storage. So now you don’t need to worry about any paper getting misplaced. It also enables you to easily connect with PayPal, Amazon and other accounts. You have an option of storing it on Google Drive, Drop Box or on Evernote.
Stay wise. Stay updated.