Having an eCommerce store is exciting. You get to work from home, be involved in the ever-advancing world of technology, and of course, make money!
With that said, you’re not the only one that enjoys running an online store.
In fact, with the number of resources available these days, nearly anyone can launch an online business and compete against you.
That’s why if you want to be successful, you need to work on your strategies for driving traffic to your eCommerce shop and generating sales.
Today we’re going to share with you some of the very best eCommerce hacks for driving sales in your eCommerce shop so you can start the New Year off with a bang, and well ahead of all the competition.
1. Identify Your Ideal Buyer Person
It can be tempting to try to market your products to every person on the internet. But the problem is, not every single person on the internet will want to buy from you.
Adding to that, they may not need to buy for you or even have the means to buy from you.
So promoting to everyone as a whole is a waste of time and won’t produce positive results anyways.
That’s why you should take the time to create a buyer persona for your brand.
Creating who you think is your perfect customer will guide you in how to promote your products and encourage those who will benefit the most from what you’re selling to make a purchase.
To do this, start by creating an avatar of your ideal customer using a tool like Avatar Maker.
From there, you can gather information about your buyer persona to add into another online tool called Xtensio.
With this tool, you can organize the information you have on your ideal customer into one location.
After you’ve created your buyer persona(s), reference this data as you develop your marketing strategies, so you can cater to your customers’ specific needs, pain points, and desires.
It is only then that more people will be drawn to your site and want to buy from you.
2. Make Your Site Mobile Friendly
With 48.2% of all internet traffic coming from mobile devices, it’s crucial you make your eCommerce shop mobile friendly so people on-the-go can purchase from you.
One way to ensure your site is mobile-friendly is to use the Responsive Checker tool.
With this tool, you’ll see whether your site renders well on multiple mobile devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops.
Plus, you can interact with your site on each device to make sure it’s easy to navigate.
You can also use some of these quick tips for optimizing your site for mobile users:
- If you have a separate mobile version of your website, keep it simple and clean
- Avoid too much content, too many images, and multiple navigation menu items
- Have a clear call to action for customers to follow
- Include a search bar
- Prevent users from having to pinch and zoom; instead, make sure users only have to scroll through your site
- Make font sizes large and visible
- Routinely check for functionality issues so you can catch problems before you lose too many sales
Lastly, make an effort to A/B test your mobile site on a regular basis so you can give customers more of what they want, and less of what they don’t.
Doing this is also a great way to make sure navigating your mobile site is easy. After all, it’d be a shame to miss out on sales because customers couldn’t find what they were looking for.
3. Get Creative with Email Marketing
Surely you know the importance of email marketing in the world of online retail. It has the highest ROI out all other marketing strategies and helps you reach a broad audience with ease.
But the thing is, every marketer out there is likely running multiple email campaigns. This means your emails can get lost in the shuffle.
If you want to make your email campaigns stand out from the crowd, start by checking out these email signature templates.
Of course, your email signature should have the essential elements:
- Name and title
- Business name
- An image or business logo
- Your contact information (phone, email, and website)
But to take things further, customize your signature to promote your brand in ways people probably haven’t seen before.
For instance, add your best-selling products to your email signature so people can immediately click the “Visit my Shop” or “Buy Now” button and make a purchase.
You can also do some of the following to make your email campaigns stand out even more:
- Integrate with social media platforms to encourage likes, follows, and shares
- Personalize campaigns using people’s names, previous purchase history and interests, and anything else that shows you know who they are and you want them to come back
- Segment lists so the right promotion gets to the right person at the right time
- Make it easy for people to get in touch with you if they have questions
- Include links to your site’s blog to keep people up to date on what your business is up to
Email marketing is a must-have tool for driving people back to your website to convert as a first-time or repeat customer.
So, why not make things easy on them by giving them access straight to your online shop right in the email itself.
4. Add Video Content
52% of people claim that video content helped give them the confidence needed to finalize a purchase.
Adding to that, a study by Cisco estimates that by 2020, 80% of all internet traffic will be video.
There’s no better time to add video content to your marketing plan to get more people to buy from your online shop.
You can add video content to your site’s blog posts or social media messages, run regular webinars to answer people’s questions, or even start a podcast to get more people to convert.
But as the second biggest search engine in the world, YouTube is really the place to be when you want to get into video content marketing.
Sure, YouTube is a huge platform, and there’s lots of competition to deal with.
But the truth is, only 9% of American small businesses take the time to create a YouTube channel and promote their brand.
Because of this, there are many opportunities for you to create unique video content for your target audience to watch.
Here are some helpful tips:
- Perform product demonstrations so people can see what you have for sale and how it works
- Conduct interviews of influencers, your team, and even industry professionals to establish yourself as an authority that can be trusted
- Interact with YouTube subscribers when they leave comments on your videos
- Provide links back to your website so people can see more of what you have to offer
- Make more money by involving yourself in advertisements or adding links to your products
With people wanting to watch more video content than ever before, now is the time to get in on this emerging content marketing trend for 2019 and boost your sales.
Running a successful eCommerce shop can be tough with all the competition out there. But that doesn’t mean you can’t establish yourself as a trusted brand that people love to buy from.
If you take the time to fine-tune your marketing strategies to meet the needs of your customers and open yourself up to new methods for driving traffic to your site, you’ll see sales increase in no time.