The Bat! is a shareware email application developed by Ritlabs, SRS, a company based in Maldova. It was designed for Microsoft Windows OS. It stores all its email data in TBB and TBN file formats. However, The Bat! is not much famous email client as compare to MS Outlook. Outlook is also a desktop-based email application, which stores all its data in PST file format. MS Outlook is a widely used email client because of its simple and user-friendly interface. Due to simple interface and some advanced features of Outlook, the users want to migrate from The Bat to Outlook. Therefore, in this post, we are going to discuss that how a user can convert TBB to PST format.
The Bat! Email Client
The Bat! is a desktop-based email program, which is used for sending or receiving email messages. It is a shareware email client for the Windows Operating system. This Email Client has many advance security features like encryption of data, internal HTML viewer, safely handles attached files and downloads selective messages to handle huge amount of email data. It is designed with filters, templates, and virtual folders for proper management of email messages. Because of all these features of The Bat! Email application, it becomes an ideal email program to utilize in cooperate environment.
The Bat! Email program stores all its email messages in two file formats i.e. TBB and TBN file format. TBB is called message base file. TBN is the index file of TBB file. One more file format used by The Bat! Email client to backup and archive all email data is TBK.
The default storage location of The Bat! Email program is:
C:\Users\user name\App Data\Roaming\The Bat\Mail\profile folder
Why Need to Convert TBB to PST
There are various reasons due to which the users need to export email from The Bat! to Outlook PST format. Some of them are describe as below:
- The interface of The Bat! Email client is not simple and easy to use. A non-technical user faced difficulty to access this program. Only technical users can access it easily without facing any difficulties.
- The BAT! is not much famous email application. Even most of the users do not know about it. On the other hand, Outlook is widely used email client and most of the users aware about it.
- Sometimes, The Bat! users face difficulty in viewing lists of messages, which are viewing at the left side of the screen.
Due to all the above-mentioned drawbacks of The Bat! email client, the users want to migrate from the Bat! to Outlook.
How to Convert The Bat! TBB to PST format?
There is no direct method to export emails from The Bat to Outlook. However, The Bat! email client provide an option to convert email messages in other file formats such as MBOX, MSG, HTML, and EML. This option helps the users to export TBB files into PST format. To convert TBB to PST, follow the two simple steps mentioned below:
- Export TBB files to MBOX format
- Then, convert MBOX file to PST format
By following these two steps, the users can easily convert The Bat! TBB files to Outlook PST format.
How to Export TBB files to MBOX?
Go through the below-mentioned steps to export TBB emails into MBOX file format:
- Start The Bat! email program your machine and then select the email messages, which you want to export
- Now, go to Tools option and click on it then select Export message to UNIX Mailbox
- After that, select the location where you want save your exported file and then click on OK button
Convert MBOX (Exported TBB) to PST
After exporting TBB emails into MBOX file format, you need to convert output TBB file to PST. Now, you need to use MBOX to PST converter to perform secure conversion of MBOX file. After performing all operations you are able to access PST file into Outlook Email clients.
The Bat! Email client does not have simple and easy to use interface due to this all users prefer the migration from The Bat! to Outlook email program. To access data of The Bat! Email client into Outlook user need to convert TBB to PST. In this blog I trying to simplify the procedure to export TBB to PST.